Old 19-07-2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Zucks and peppers preserve?

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Him wrote:
How can I freeze my abundant zucks and peppers?

*snip*

Oh well, it was just my opinion anyways........
rae
And a respected one:-)

lol, i was beginning to wonder....

forgot to mention, in freezing the bell peppers, i haven't noticed any
difference between the ones that were frozen completely whole and the
ones that were cored out before freezing.

Is the texture of the frozen green bells anything like that of a roasted
red bell? Mushier, same, less mushy? Not that any of our bell have a
chance of escaping. We only have two bells and their peppers are headed
for the barbie. Real food is so damn good.

to me it's about the same as before it was frozen. now mind you, i
don't eat them raw after thawing, i always cook them then. after
stuffing, and roasting, i can't tell a difference. my step-dad buys the
bell peppers buy the bushel from whatever farmer's market or stand he's
near while on the road so mom can freeze them to use for stuffed peppers.

yeah, fresh, real food is good to us too, but preserving to use during
off-season makes *cents*..........

time to get to fixing supper................anyone want to help shell
peas afterwards?? lol

Rae