Old 20-07-2007, 12:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Jane Doe Jane Doe is offline

Default Today's pickins ;)

Thank you for the recipes. I will try them over the weekend!

Mariana
NJ

"Basketweaver" wrote in message
Jane, I can almost taste fried green tomatoes. I grew up on them
and love them just the way Mom made them - simple but yummy!

Fried Green Tomatoes (Mom's way)
Slice into 1/4 slices
Dredge in corn meal
Salt and pepper to taste
Fry in bacon drippings and give each slice a very light sprinkle of sugar
on both sides
as you turn them in the skillet. Fry until soft on the inside and crisp
and lightly brown
on the outside. Enjoy!

Most people use dredge them in flour, but having grown up eating them
dredged
in cornmeal, the ones made with flour just don't do it for me.

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
Just returned from the vegetable garden, decided to go tame some of the
tomato bushes by tying them to their cages and poles. Came back with
bags full of them.

Found a couple of green branches that broke off with green tomatoes on
them. What to do? Fry them? I never tried frying green tomatoes or any
tomatoes before, would appreciate a recipe .

Mariana
NJ