Old 01-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Hussein M.

Default Trillium

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:30:52 +0100, "Rod"
wrotc:

http://rareplants.co.uk/

All the Trilliums you want and some advice as well. A mouth watering site
even if you don't buy anything. We got most of our Trilliums from there.

Yep, rareplants is the one I purchase from. They also have good
growing advice including warnings about finger blight. Here the
culprit is man himself rooting around to see what has happened to a
plant which is slow to emerge from the soil. Trilliums make take a
year or so to build up a rooting system which gives them the
confidence you see, and the last thing they want is for this to be
poked around.

I bought 5 species from them last year and I am grateful for the
advice because 3 are presently emerging and the other two pots appear
decidedly vacant. Without that advice I am sure I would have had a
rummage around.

Huss
Grow a little garden