Old 31-03-2003, 08:08 AM
AWM

Default Trillium

Can anybody recommend a supplier of white Trillium in the UK.

Also I know this a wood land floor plant and have picked out a shady
position for it but what else is required for it to prosper.

Old 31-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 06:59:15 +0000 (UTC), AWM wrote:

Can anybody recommend a supplier of white Trillium in the UK.

Also I know this a wood land floor plant and have picked out a shady
position for it but what else is required for it to prosper.

Which white trillium did you have in mind? T. grandiflorum, T.
ovatum, T. albidum, and T. nivale are all white, and there may be
other white-flowered species besides those.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 31-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Rod

"AWM" wrote in message
Can anybody recommend a supplier of white Trillium in the UK.

Also I know this a wood land floor plant and have picked out a shady
position for it but what else is required for it to prosper.

http://rareplants.co.uk/

All the Trilliums you want and some advice as well. A mouth watering site
even if you don't buy anything. We got most of our Trilliums from there.

Rod

Old 01-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Hussein M.

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:30:52 +0100, "Rod"
wrotc:

http://rareplants.co.uk/

All the Trilliums you want and some advice as well. A mouth watering site
even if you don't buy anything. We got most of our Trilliums from there.

Yep, rareplants is the one I purchase from. They also have good
growing advice including warnings about finger blight. Here the
culprit is man himself rooting around to see what has happened to a
plant which is slow to emerge from the soil. Trilliums make take a
year or so to build up a rooting system which gives them the
confidence you see, and the last thing they want is for this to be
poked around.

I bought 5 species from them last year and I am grateful for the
advice because 3 are presently emerging and the other two pots appear
decidedly vacant. Without that advice I am sure I would have had a
rummage around.

Huss
Grow a little garden

A couple of trillium pictures Wolf K[_2_] Garden Photos 0 17-05-2010 02:00 AM
Trillium Dave Hill United Kingdom 2 13-05-2007 06:59 PM
Red Trillium Travis M. Garden Photos 0 05-04-2007 09:01 PM
Do You Recognize This Trillium?? paghat Gardening 4 25-04-2004 11:13 PM