Old 20-07-2007, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Earwigs on my vegetables and flowers

LSD wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this group, just subscribed. I live in the Chicago
area. I'm hoping to learn what others are doing to get rid of or
control earwigs on vegetables and flowers. We have 2 dogs so I don't
want to do anything that might hurt them. Someone recently told me to
make a mixture of water and plain dish soap and spray the affected
plants. Unfortunately, they did not know the ratio of water to soap.
Does anyone know the ratio? Also, I wouldn't think this solution would
be a problem for the dogs or anyone eating the vegetables, but it
would be nice to get others opinions.
Thanks for any help

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2068.html
You are wise to worry about pets. My wife nearly did in our cat
spraying kitchen for ants.
Frank