Old 20-07-2007, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donna \(UK\) Donna \(UK\) is offline

Default Grass carp

We were going to get some grass carp but was told they will eat all the
green weed you have in the ponds given half a chance. Someone suggested
fencing off the weed with the plastic crop protection stuff you got.

Donna

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Someone has suggested grass carp for the duckweed problem on one of our
ponds. But the general impression I get from the little I read is that
they
grow to enormous sizes, are lake fish and are banned in US because they
devastate lake vegetation. Does anyone here have any experience of these
in
UK and ponds, not lakes?

--
Sacha