Old 20-07-2007, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Grass carp

On 20/7/07 14:30, in article ,
"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote:
snip

There are lots of places that stock grass carp. Try Google. If the
pond still has a lot of weeds then maybe they weren't grass carp. It's
worth remembering that it is only the young grass carp that feed on
plants. Mature ones are a bit fussy. There is a few plants that grass
carp don't eat unless the are starving. They won't eat plants if
someone is feeding them. Grass carp are a boring silvery gray. Unlike
other carp their mouth tends to turn down.

Steve

This is very helpful, Steve and thank you so much. Yes, we're feeding the
fish in that pond twice a day so that would account for the amount of
oxygenating weed on there.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk