Old 20-07-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Gloriosa Rothschildiana

In article .com,
a Puce writes:

| Got one !! I'm sooooo excited. It's beautiful. I wonder if anybody had
| experience with them. I've got the right place, pot, medium and all is
| well, flowering beautifully, though I'm not sure what to do this
| winter. Either I dig out the tubers and keep them dry or leave them in
| pots? What would you do? Thank you.

When they start to die down or it starts to get cold, put them somewhere
dry and frost-free. That is all you have to do, but you can repot.
And they should be kept DRY in the dormant season - nowhere in the
UK ever gets as dry as their natural habitat, except in extreme
centrally-heated locations.

Mine did quite well for some years, but then suffered some sort of rot.
They were in an extremely well-drained pot of poor soil, too.

Oh, and they are lethally poisonous.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.