Old 20-07-2007, 05:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Inhibit hedge growth

"Fat Freddy's Cat" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 20/7/07 23:18, in article ,
"Fat
Freddy's Cat" wrote:

Is there anything I can use to inhibit hedge growth -

I've read 'Cutlass' was banned and found reference to another product
called
'hedge-rest' but no details where to buy it.

Any advice appreciated.

g.

As the general trend now is to encourage wild life and use as few
chemicals
as possible, this may no longer be for sale. Can you really not use
shears
or a hedge trimmer once or twice a year or get someone to do that for

you?

--

I just spent 3 hours of my life cutting it...

my back hurts
my arms hurt
my heart is aching
tomorrow it will be worse

If there is nothing available then so be it, but I was only asking ;0)

you could give it a really good butchering, cut to an inch of its life
which'll take longer to regrow. Works for me.

rob