Old 20-07-2007, 05:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Inhibit hedge growth

"Fat Freddy's Cat" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 20/7/07 23:18, in article ,
"Fat
Freddy's Cat" wrote:

Is there anything I can use to inhibit hedge growth -

I've read 'Cutlass' was banned and found reference to another product
called
'hedge-rest' but no details where to buy it.

Any advice appreciated.

g.

As the general trend now is to encourage wild life and use as few
chemicals
as possible, this may no longer be for sale. Can you really not use
shears
or a hedge trimmer once or twice a year or get someone to do that for

you?

--

I just spent 3 hours of my life cutting it...

my back hurts
my arms hurt
my heart is aching
tomorrow it will be worse

If there is nothing available then so be it, but I was only asking ;0)

you could give it a really good butchering, cut to an inch of its life
which'll take longer to regrow. Works for me.

rob

Old 20-07-2007, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/7/07 23:18, in article , "Fat
Freddy's Cat" wrote:

Is there anything I can use to inhibit hedge growth -

I've read 'Cutlass' was banned and found reference to another product called
'hedge-rest' but no details where to buy it.

Any advice appreciated.

g.

As the general trend now is to encourage wild life and use as few chemicals
as possible, this may no longer be for sale. Can you really not use shears
or a hedge trimmer once or twice a year or get someone to do that for you?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

Old 20-07-2007, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 20/7/07 23:18, in article ,

Old 20-07-2007, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/7/07 23:26, in article , "Fat
Freddy's Cat" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 20/7/07 23:18, in article ,
"Fat
Freddy's Cat" wrote:

[...]

3 hours of your life. ;-( Now, let's see, what could *possibly* be worse.
3 hours in surgery, 3 hours in the dentist's chair, 3 hours ironing (ha!), 3
hours of a pop concert - my personal hell! ;-))
My suggestion is - pay someone else to do it, bribe them, OR, more
realistically, tackle it like eating the elephant, a little at a time; an
hour a day - or an hour every other day. Let's aim for a sense of
achievement here, as in "look at our beautiful hedge, I look after it
myself, you know and every spring, it's full of birds' nests......." Okay,
my name is Pollyanna and you hate me. ;-)

Old 21-07-2007, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:26:02 +0100, "Fat Freddy's Cat" wrote:
but I was only asking ;0)

I know the feeling !
Whatever you ask always ends up in polutics :-!(

I am told that to quickly get a right answer on usenet newsgroups one
should first post a wrong one,
so here goes :-

Fill your Killaspray (tm) with petrol,
give hedge a good marinade,
light blue touch-paper and ,,,

Old 21-07-2007, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:59:53 +0100, Sacha wrote:

return to newsgroup to ask what people would plant to replace old, charred
hedge

pyracantha. shirly.

. And get 10 different opinions.... ;-)

heheee,
at least 10, and that from only 6 posters

Old 21-07-2007, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/7/07 12:17, in article , "WaltA"
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:59:53 +0100, Sacha wrote:

return to newsgroup to ask what people would plant to replace old, charred
hedge

pyracantha. shirly.

Oh that's really good - definitely one of urg's better ones, IMO.

. And get 10 different opinions.... ;-)

heheee,
at least 10, and that from only 6 posters

Who will then be contradicted by 12 more.

Old 22-07-2007, 02:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:38:00 +0100, Sacha wrote:
return to newsgroup to ask what people would plant to replace old, charred
hedge

pyracantha. shirly.

Oh that's really good - definitely one of urg's better ones, IMO.

gosh, what's the emoticon for blush&takes a bow ;-))

. And get 10 different opinions.... ;-)

heheee,
at least 10, and that from only 6 posters

Who will then be contradicted by 12 more.

and 48 will complain of being off topic
whilst 1 OP looks on, bemused !

Old 23-07-2007, 02:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:37:48 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 22/7/07 02:00, in article , "WaltA"
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:38:00 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Maybe this should go into urg's FAQ list!

good point,
remind me, where is it,

and where is Cormaic these days ?
not seen him post for simply AGES