Old 21-07-2007, 05:49 AM posted to austin.gardening
Dave Dave is offline

Default Maters or watermelon

I planted the spherical version of watermelon about a month ago. Two hills.
Each hill, two plants. The flowering continues. Got a few baby melons.

Garden size is 8 X 8. Got lots of tomatoes on one side. Then watermelon,
then jalapenoes still going strong, then cataloupe on two hills still
haven't gotten to flowering stage.

The tomatoes (not complaining) have some leaf browning, some are dropping
most of their leaves. The remainder are mostly green and still producing
flowers and new tomoatoes.

I've kept the tomatoes on the plant till fully ripe. 90% have some visual
affliction. All are edible, most are ugly. If I pick them green, let ripen
in window. No ugly. Not as tasty (rich) though. I prefer tasty vs. purty.

Should I:

Pull up all the tomato plants to allow further prolifieration of the
watermelon?
Y / N?

Your vote below -