Old 21-07-2007, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Gloriosa Rothschildiana

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:23:40 -0700, La Puce
wrote:

Got one !! I'm sooooo excited. It's beautiful. I wonder if anybody had
experience with them. I've got the right place, pot, medium and all is
well, flowering beautifully, though I'm not sure what to do this
winter. Either I dig out the tubers and keep them dry or leave them in
pots? What would you do? Thank you.

I used to grow them in the soil at the back of a frost-free
greenhouse. Left then in the ground all year, but just didn't water
them in the winter months. They came up year after year. A word of
warning: my wife used to curse them because if your clothes brushed
against the flowers, the bright orange pollen was extremely difficult
to remove.

--
Chris