Old 01-04-2003, 04:20 AM
Jane

Default SNOW!

Thanks Shiva, I have quite a bit of dirt up mounded around their bases to
give them a little protection and I did use newspapers...but I think they'll
be really disturbed by the cold. If only it had just snowed and stayed
35ish....My 35 ft. star magnolia was just about half opened with fragrant
white blossoms and now they look like twisted wads of brown paper toweling.
whaaaaaa!
Did you have more serious rain there? I watched the weather channel
predictions. Seems like a good year to become a rice farmer there Hmmm/ Hope
your's are doing great. Have you planted your pretty new blues? I want to
see!!!!!
Thanks,
Jane
"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.e9704fd45f9a0f974cc9a9fc50e94779 @1049132952.cotse.net...
Jane wrote:

Hi people...I'm not very pleased about this. We have about an inch of

snow and 26 degree lows over two nights with newly planted roses. Is there
anything I can do to help them survive?

Oh, Jane. I'm sorry. Have you got them mounded with pine straw or some
sort of mulch? If this screws up your fabulous ZD bloom, I'll be so mad.

Thanks,
Jane