Old 21-07-2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
John John is offline

Default Can I lime now?

On Jul 21, 2:58 pm, "symplastless" wrote:
John

I would take any trees you have into consideration. E.g., if you have a pin
oak and the turf is part of the root zone of the oak, you would greatly
effect the absorbing process of your oak by liming.

So my first question is what trees do you have.

2. Are the trees properly mulched?

3. Do you desire a reply keeping your trees in mind? I.e., if you have
trees.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arboristhttp://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"John" wrote in message

oups.com...

I've been reading up on lime and one web site says to put lime down in
fall and spring. I'm in the Atlanta area with a soil ph of 5.5. My
yard is beautiful with expensive fescue sod that is 1.5 years old.
Can I put down lime now (in July)?

I looked at your web site. What is the radius of the mulching area.
My trees are mulched, but I don't know if they are "correctly"
mulched.

For the sodded area, I have 2 trees that are mulched. In my back yard
(non sodded), I have about a dozen trees. Should I mulch them as
well?

You say it could effect the absorbing process of the trees. In what
way would it effect them?

Thanks!