Old 22-07-2007, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Herb Cuttings Questions

On 22 Jul, 11:44, Oli Watts wrote:
I suppose i got over excited after moving from a tiny flat to a lovely
garden. I'm a frustrated gardener you see!!

)) I have these urges too you know. I make the most monumental
mistakes - but it's all part of the process of learning. Keeps me busy
rectifying the strange things I've done without thinking. The only
advice I'd give you is that you understand what and why a plant (or
weed) is growing where it is. Sometimes nature do the most lovely
things and plants can live happily together even though you might
think one is a 'weed'. Some might attract predators and help you keep
pests down. It takes a couple of years into a new garden to understand
how it all works together. I think that the best part of a new garden.
You are so so lucky!!

To ask another question, are there any good, cheap online sources of
seeds you could recommend?

I like the organic catalogue - I've never been disapointed. Also the
green chronicle is good for special herb seeds. You've just reminded
me about arnica seeds which I must sow this autumn. Thank you ;o)

http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...Path=21_49_136
http://www.greenchronicle.co.uk/acat...erb_Seeds.html