Old 22-07-2007, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default First bloom Phal. violacea

Nancy G. wrote:
On Jul 21, 6:51 pm, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

It's lovely, Nancy, very intense. I still want to see a true blue, though!
Keep us posted on the sibs, please?

Absolutely.

Thanks Al, I still didn't have the name quite right. Don't know where
to use parenthesis in some of the un-named plants. Whatever, I guess
this will be #1 until someone gets one awarded and registered. Will
keep you posted on 2-5 as they bloom.

Was this a flask of clones or a flask of seedlings? If it was a flask
of seedlings you get to name each one because they are all individuals,
they are not clones of one individual. You can name them whatever you
want independent of whatever anyone else gets awarded and even inspite
of no awards.

There isn't anything to register becasue this isn't a hybrid, ie. a
cross of 2 different species. Its a species, a mating of 2 different
individuals of the same species.