Old 22-07-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Herb Cuttings Questions

On 22/7/07 11:44, in article
, "Oli Watts"
wrote:

On Jul 22, 11:41 am, La Puce wrote:
On 22 Jul, 11:10, Oli Watts wrote:

I've just moved into a lovely house and discovered some excellent
herbs in the garden, however they were almost overgrown with weeds.
I've taken some complete rocket, lemon sage and chive plants and some
fennel cuttings, and replanted them straight in the soil. I've given
them a good watering but after a day they still look very listless.
Would it be best to cut them down so they regrow?

What is done is done - but why didn't you remove the weeds instead of
the plants!? You are right in suggesting to cut them down. I would.
But not sure a cutting from the fennel will work. Herbs are cheap and
easy grown from seeds. Just sow some more seeds around what you have
replanted to satisfy your supply. And be patient ;o)

Thanks very much for getting back to me quickly!

I suppose i got over excited after moving from a tiny flat to a lovely
garden. I'm a frustrated gardener you see!!

To ask another question, are there any good, cheap online sources of
seeds you could recommend?

Many thanks,

Oli

Jekka McVicar is a truly excellent source of herbs, both seeds and plants.
Even if you don't buy from there you'll learn a lot and there's a
downloadable catalogue.
http://www.jekkasherbfarm.com/index.asp

--
Sacha