Old 23-07-2007, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Green sticky seeds - winner

"George Shirley" wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:

Gonna be a tough one to visualize I know, but I'm trying to figure out
where my cat is picking up these things.

Anyway, he's coming in with these BB sized green seeds(??) stuck to his
fur that take quite a bit of effort to remove. They aren't sticky so
much as I think they're more like velcro, they stick to all the fabrics
in the house which makes it tough to get rid of them with a vacuum.

Any ideas what plant is producing those? All I can think of is perhaps
the climbing Wisteria I have on my fence, the grass/weeds in the back 40
or what I don't know.

More than likely a weed called "beggar's lice", fairly common throughout
North America. A Google for a picture should tell you if that's what it
is. My dog comes in when we haven't mowed for a bit with them sticking to
her legs.

George

Yup, that's what it is, thanks for the tip. I found a pic of it, then went
out hunting for it. Found it under the big birch tree that my cat uses to
spy on the neighbors