Old 22-07-2007, 11:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dicko[_1_] dicko[_1_] is offline

Default what kind of spider and will it kill me??

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:21:28 GMT, "jthread" wrote:

"dicko" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:59:16 GMT, "jthread" wrote:

went out to my gf pond to clean out the frog mating uck and saw this:

http://www.safaricabs.com/spider1.jpg

http://www.safaricabs.com/spider2.jpg

spidey is bigger in person.

i'm awake now

Its a Black & Yellow Argiope, a fairly common spider. Impressive but
harmless. As kids we used to catch bugs and throw them into the web to
watch the spider do its thing.

-dickm

this one is very impressive. he's about 8" streached out. right now he's
sucking the life out of a grasshopper or something. freakin cool lokin
spidey

Actually, its a "she". I believe that zig zag web through the main
web is spun by the male who then ends up as a tasty meal after doing
his husbandly duty.

-dickm