Old 01-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Hurango

Default SNOW!

Buy new ones.

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:21:15 -0500, Henry
wrote:

Jane wrote:
Hi people...I'm not very pleased about this. We have about an inch of snow
and 26 degree lows over two nights with newly planted roses. Is there
anything I can do to help them survive?
Thanks,

Well, of course, it's a bit late to do anything after the fact. Here
(Gaithersburg, Maryland) it only got down to 29 and only overnight.
It's above freezing again, now. If I suspect temperatures will drop
overnight and want to protect newly planted things, I just drape a sheet
over them (with plant stakes if necessary to hold it off the plants and
rocks on the edges to hold it down). The ground is warm enough by now
to provide just that little bit of heat necessary to prevent freezing.