Old 01-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Cass

Default Climbing Red Rose?

In article , tsmay
wrote:

Thanks for all the links and guidance. I've decided to give up the
search for a red climber of this height, although I'm still going to
try and get a 16ft. rose ( I can deadhead from a chair on the porch,
hopefully, instead of a ladder). I've narrowed it down to Kew Rambler,
May Queen, or Russeliana. All are once flowering roses with a lot of
fragrance and height. Has anyone grown these?

If you're going to consider changing color, there are others that do
rebloom: New Dawn comes immediately to mind. It has many seedlings and
offspring which might do well. Take a look at HelpMeFind:
http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=4460

Then take a look at descendants. Note that New Dawn blooms most on old
wood, so be careful deadheading and pruning, or you may cut off a lot
of your flowering wood.

Sorry, I don't grow any of the roses you list, tho someone here grows
May Queen and it looks very pretty (I want it). Good luck.