Old 23-07-2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.birds
RPS RPS is offline

Default Newbie question: Which is the best hanging birdbath?

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I am learning and appreciate
your help and patience.

RPS wrote:

: We want to install a birdbath in the backyard of our building. Complete
: newbies at this, so a few questions:
:
: 1. Is it true that, in order to attract birds and for their safety
: (from cats I suppose), a standing birdbath should not be too low?
:
: 2. Most standing birdbaths we see at HD, Menards etc that are somewhat
: tall also seem quite unstable, There are a few 2-4 year old kids in
: the building who could topple them and get hurt. Is it possible to find
: stable ones, or should we restrict ourselves to hanging ones?
:
: 3. Another thing someone told us is that like rough a surface and we
: shouldn't get a smooth one just because it looks good. Is that true?
: What about glass and ceramic?
:
: Thanks in advance, we greatly appreciate the bird lovers here sharing
: their experience with us?
:
: If you can suggest a few "best value" models that would be great.