Old 15-07-2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.birds
RPS RPS is offline

Default Newbie question: Which is the best hanging birdbath?

We want to install a birdbath in the backyard of our building. Complete
newbies at this, so a few questions:

1. Is it true that, in order to attract birds and for their safety
(from cats I suppose), a standing birdbath should not be too low?

2. Most standing birdbaths we see at HD, Menards etc that are somewhat
tall also seem quite unstable, There are a few 2-4 year old kids in
the building who could topple them and get hurt. Is it possible to find
stable ones, or should we restrict ourselves to hanging ones?

3. Another thing someone told us is that like rough a surface and we
shouldn't get a smooth one just because it looks good. Is that true?
What about glass and ceramic?

Thanks in advance, we greatly appreciate the bird lovers here sharing
their experience with us?

If you can suggest a few "best value" models that would be great.
Old 23-07-2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.birds
RPS RPS is offline

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I am learning and appreciate
your help and patience.

: