Old 24-07-2007, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
socram socram is offline

Default shrub recommendation - salt tolerant, arborvitae like

I originally was going to put in a line of Arborvitae pyramidalis
(emerald green) along the east side of our church, but some more
research showed that the salt from the parking lot could make this a
poor choice. Can anyone point me to a shrub similar is shape
(upright, 3-4 ft diameter, good for a hedge perhaps eventually) that
is more salt tolerant? We're in MI, zone 6.

Thank you!
marcos