Old 25-07-2007, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Kingdon Jim Kingdon is offline

Default Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis

I was browsing around the internet trying to find a good plant to have
in my new apartment and I came across the Digitalis (Foxglove) and
thought I found a winner.

Biggest problem is likely to be whether it can get enough sun indoors.
Even sitting in a sunny window is significantly darker than outdoors.

I don't really know Foxglove in particular, but sun is likely to be an
issue with most plants which are customarily grown outdoors for
flowers or fruit.

I have grown cherry tomatoes and strawberries indoors, both of which
are sun-loving, so I wouldn't necessarily give up. But that's what
you're up against. If you have a window box or a balcony or a fire
escape, use it.