Old 25-07-2007, 05:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default what kind of spider and will it kill me??

On Jul 22, 7:07 pm, Lar wrote:

I've always heard that there have been experiments showing that birds
can see and will avoid the web so as to not accidentally fly into it and
destroy it. It is also thought that it may reflect ultraviolet light
aiding in attracting insects as well as just an aid to stabilize the web.

Lar- Hide quoted text -

Not always. There have been several cases reported of hummingbirds
getting caught and dying in those type webs. They're just not big
enough to break free.

Red