Old 25-07-2007, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Growing cowslips fromm seed

In message , Broadback
writes
Paul Waites wrote:
Hi all,
I have naturalised some cowslip plants in my lawn and would now like
to increase stocks....
For the last couple of years I have collected seed without success
in growing plants..
Is there a knack to it?
I have just been using Sifted multipurpose compost so far.
Any theories welcomed as it would be great to have a lot more in my
lawn brightening up springtime.
Thanks,
Paul.

Assuming that primroses are the same I also look forward to help. I
cannot get them to germinate, I have tried placing them in the fridge,
to no avail. Yet in my last house I had cowslips which self germinated
no problem!

Many Primulas germinate better when the seed is sown fresh.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley