Old 26-07-2007, 08:40 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
a_plutonium a_plutonium is offline

Default I suspect this Virginia Tech website on Rock-Elm has several errors of fact-- need experts to confirm

http://www.fw.vt.edu/dendro/dendrolo...eet.cfm?ID=135

I suspect that the seeds of this Virginia Tech website are not that of
"Rock Elm" Ulmus Thomasii (Racemosa)
but rather instead the seeds of Siberian Elm. And I have doubts on the
bark of that tree as to being
a "Cork Elm".

I buy the leaf sprouts and branch and leaf, but I am highly suspicious
of the seed and the bark and the
picture.

Perhaps the person who composed that website had a variety of pictures
and cobbled them together,
not realizing that some were Siberian Elm and not Rock Elm.

Maybe others can judge and hopefully get the website as error-free.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium