Old 26-07-2007, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Petrol mulching mower recommendations

CWatters wrote:

"Barry" wrote in message
Honda make good mowers and the engines are good.
Also look at the John deere range I have recently bought a JD ride on

mower
that is a dedicated mulcher..............and with nearly an acre to cut

Its
fantastic.

The thought of the hassle that would have occurred if I had to dump the
grass every 5 mins
let alone the cubic yards of collected grass..........it would also have
made the process of cuttng the grass take twice as long.

I know JD have smaller dedicated mulching mowers.have a look.
its the way to go!

Barry

Yes agree about the hond engines. I've got one on an unbranded supermarket
rotary. It's at least 7 years old and probably nearer 10. If it doesn't
start first pull it means I forgot to turn the fuel or choke on.

That's true of just about all modern mower engines. I have had
several machines with Briggs and Stratton 3.5 HP engines (which are
almost the industry standard) and they have always started first pull
as long as (as you say) the fuel is turned on and the choke is
applied.

--
Chris Green