Old 26-07-2007, 09:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Iris.. questions...

I just looked at our seed pods...which had been left on the stak.
Each has two rows of seeds. Some of the pods have begun to
disintegrate. Those have dark brown seeds. The ones that have not
opened had lighter brown seeds. I am not sure if maturity or exposure
to air led to the darkening. They are clearly ready to be planted. I
do not know if they would have matured if Icut them off the stems
before now. I suspect immediate cutting would prevfent maturation.

Jim