Old 26-07-2007, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Petrol mulching mower recommendations

In message , Barry
writes

Just for info... I was also looking at a 21" from Honda (except I was
after
a collecting mower). Someone told me that Honda didn't make them
themselves

One final note: Two versions of the mower were available - one with a
thicker metal chassis.

---------------------------------

Honda make good mowers and the engines are good.
Also look at the John deere range I have recently bought a JD ride on mower
that is a dedicated mulcher..............and with nearly an acre to cut Its
fantastic.

The thought of the hassle that would have occurred if I had to dump the
grass every 5 mins
let alone the cubic yards of collected grass..........it would also have
made the process of cuttng the grass take twice as long.

I know JD have smaller dedicated mulching mowers.have a look.
its the way to go!

Barry

Seconded!

I have raved on here once or twice about our JD with castor wheels,
bough at Chelsea some years back. The mower is excellent but the wheels
were a revelation with our higglety-pigglety lawns: just no comparison
in the amount of time and energy saved by both the mulching and the easy
turns. (The wheels can be locked to go in a straight line too.)

The only thing is, it cost a fraction then of what they seem to cost now
- I can't square this with the change in exchange rate, which should
have pushed them the other way....

--
Klara, Gatwick basin