Old 26-07-2007, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Kingdon Jim Kingdon is offline

Default Jerusalem Artichokes

Depending upon your climate they can be invasive. In addition they're
really hard to get rid of.

Yeah, I've heard that too (in Annapolis, Maryland).

They're tall (7 feet or so), so you need a space where height is not a
problem.

I'm thinking of growing some anyway. If I do, time will tell whether
I regret it.

Another thought on them is that in most people they cause terrible
flatulence and painful abdominal gas.

Well, if you just want to see what they're like, they aren't that hard
to find in a grocery store or natural food store. They are often sold
under the name "sunchoke" these days.