Old 27-07-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Chipper / Shredders

Mak expounded:

Hello all,

Well, Fall is coming and I want to be sure I wont get caught in
between huge mountain of leaves in my yard. I have about 1 acre of
land here in Arkansas with about maybe 10 to 15 trees on the back of
this land. I'm thinking of buying a chipper shredder (I'm outdoors fan
so I will have no problem chipping and shredding as long as that yard
is looking organized and clean. I've been researching, doing the
homework and I found out the following chippers, the PATRIOT CSV
3060 , the YARDBEAST 1020RX , and some in ebay, used, such as TROY
BILT AND BEARCAT 70080. Well the thing is, should I buy New or Used?
and what brand should I pick? I like the Yardbeast and Bearcat in
particular because of the nice colors, but I've heard a lot of good
things of the others one as well. Please help!.

Buying a chipper/shredder based on what color you like best? O-kay.

Personally I'd go with a machine that emphasized shredding, but also
chipped, such as this
http://mackissic.com/consumer/cscons..._consumer1.htm
.. I'm hoping to get one of these next spring.

I do wish I'd bought a Kemp back when they were around.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts