Old 26-07-2007, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default First bloom Phal. violacea

No, pulchra is an entirely different species (and a very nice one too). P.
violacea has a very distinct fragrance from the other phals, and the flowers
aren't as glossy as the ones on pulchra.
-danny

"Peter Cliff" wrote in message

Interesting! I have a Phal Pulchra 'Magnificent Obsession' which was given
to me last year as a keiki by UK Disa enthusiast Mick Bee from Hinckley
and which now has three spikes on, the buds on one of which is about to
open. Am I right in thinking this is a variety of Phal Violacea or even
the same plant?

Peter Cliff
Warwick - England