Old 26-07-2007, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Tomatoes, falling off

"Peter C" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am growing Shirley tomatoes , ring culture method in a greenhouse.
I have an abundance of tomatoes, just recently I have found odd ones
which are full size and are starting to ripen have fallen off.
There is evidence of slight rot where the tom is attached to the plant
which has caused it to fall off.
I cannot find any reference to this problem anywhere.
Any views please
Peter.

No.

My greenhouse tomatoes have good fruits but they're still green. My outdoor
tomatoes have few very green fruits.

Neighbour has four tomato plants crowded into a grow bag and housed in a
plastic 'greenhouse' which is in effect a sealed plastic bag. He's gone on
holiday and the tomatoes' environment is more than damp yet some leaves are
browning. There's no ventilation, he hasn't done any removal of side shoots
or leaves, it's just a tangle. Yet some of his Sungold ftuit (I gave him the
seedlings) are ready to pick.

Hrumph.

Mary