Old 26-07-2007, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Petrol mulching mower recommendations

wrote in message
CWatters wrote:
Yes agree about the hond engines. I've got one on an unbranded

supermarket
rotary. It's at least 7 years old and probably nearer 10. If it doesn't
start first pull it means I forgot to turn the fuel or choke on.

That's true of just about all modern mower engines. I have had
several machines with Briggs and Stratton 3.5 HP engines (which are
almost the industry standard) and they have always started first pull
as long as (as you say) the fuel is turned on and the choke is
applied.

Ah but I'm ashamed to say that my honda hasn't had a single service or oil
change in all that time :-)