Old 28-07-2007, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default When to plant for fall crops?

On Jul 27, 6:15 pm, "Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at
zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote:
I would like to put in some late cabbages and potatoes (and maybe a few root
veggies) for fall crops. I live in the mid Willamette Valley, south of Salem
Oregon. Does anyone know when I should actually plant cabbages? The only
info I could find was to plant "during the heat of mid-summer". That is a
big fuzzy - I'm guessing towards the end of August?

And, how about potatoes? Is August too late to plant them for fall/winter
crop?

Ook
If I recall, the Willametter Valley is hills/valleys?
So there is the microclimate influence: south and west slopes vs
east and north slopes and so on. If you could locate your local
Cooperative Extension Service, they could give you specific
information.
Emilie