Old 28-07-2007, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default When to plant for fall crops?

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:15:38 -0700, Ook Ook wrote:
I would like to put in some late cabbages and potatoes (and maybe a few root
veggies) for fall crops. I live in the mid Willamette Valley, south of Salem
Oregon. Does anyone know when I should actually plant cabbages? The only
info I could find was to plant "during the heat of mid-summer". That is a
big fuzzy - I'm guessing towards the end of August?

http://extension.oregonstate.edu/gar...lendar/#august
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/cat...ml/pnw/pnw548/

And, how about potatoes? Is August too late to plant them for fall/winter
crop?

Got a greenhouse for them?