Old 28-07-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] mcastrejana@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fungus on live oak

On Jul 22, 6:53 pm, "Donna Jablecki "
wrote:
We have had a lot of rain on the Gulf Coast in the past six weeks. My
ancient live oaks have white bracket fungi on their bark. In addition
I see a flat spreading white fungus on the bark and a spider webby
looking material on the bark. Are these serious problems? What are
the therapies?
Thanks for any help.

I have the same thing. Have you discovered the cause? My infestation
sprang up overnight and I have seen it on numerous trees in the area.