Old 23-07-2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Fungus on live oak

We have had a lot of rain on the Gulf Coast in the past six weeks. My
ancient live oaks have white bracket fungi on their bark. In addition
I see a flat spreading white fungus on the bark and a spider webby
looking material on the bark. Are these serious problems? What are
the therapies?
Thanks for any help.

Old 23-07-2007, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

I would have to see the tree.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

ups.com...

Old 23-07-2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

In fact without see the patient I can just suggest you look out for the
following:

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html
and
Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Old 23-07-2007, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Donna

It sounds like you have some dieback which may be the result of an injury of
some type. A trunk wound from something like a flush cut. If the dieback
is at the base of the trunk it could be woody root injury. I would rally

Old 28-07-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 22, 6:53 pm, "Donna Jablecki "
wrote:
We have had a lot of rain on the Gulf Coast in the past six weeks. My
ancient live oaks have white bracket fungi on their bark. In addition
I see a flat spreading white fungus on the bark and a spider webby
looking material on the bark. Are these serious problems? What are
the therapies?
Thanks for any help.

I have the same thing. Have you discovered the cause? My infestation
sprang up overnight and I have seen it on numerous trees in the area.

[IMG] code is On

Last year, fungus fungus everywhere Natalka Rosalia Maria Roshak Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2005 06:26 PM
Buy Live Fish Live Plants Live Food Online In Canada H2O Aquatic Solutions Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 10-12-2004 01:14 AM
Live Oak Questions... Hombre Texas 4 18-03-2003 05:32 PM
Live Oak problems????? Brian L Gautreau Plant Science 2 21-02-2003 10:07 PM
Oak root fungus? Susan Solomon Roses 1 20-02-2003 06:03 PM