Old 30-07-2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What are these?

In message 42, Angela
Marsh writes
Sheldon wrote :

On Jul 29, 4:20?pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Charles
writes

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:57:05 -0500, Angela Marsh
wrote:

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing
among some weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a
few feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.

My guess would be carnation, also famed for fragrance.

Yes, could be spray carnation, or dianthus... wish there were a
better image of the leaves.

Ok, I took some better photos of the leaves, by pulling it up out of the
vase.: http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/

Yes, that looks like a Dianthus.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley