Old 29-07-2007, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What are these?

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing among some
weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a few
feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Old 29-07-2007, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:57:05 -0500, Angela Marsh
wrote:

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing among some
weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a few
feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.
Old 29-07-2007, 09:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Charles
writes
wrote:

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing among some
weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a few
feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.

My guess would be carnation, also famed for fragrance.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 29-07-2007, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 29, 4:20?pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Charles
writes

wrote:

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing among some
weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a few
feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.

My guess would be carnation, also famed for fragrance.

Yes, could be spray carnation, or dianthus... wish there were a better
image of the leaves.

Old 29-07-2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Sheldon wrote :

On Jul 29, 4:20?pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Charles
writes

wrote:

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing
among some weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a
few feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.

My guess would be carnation, also famed for fragrance.

Yes, could be spray carnation, or dianthus... wish there were a
better image of the leaves.

Ok, I took some better photos of the leaves, by pulling it up out of the
vase.: http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/

Old 30-07-2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

In message 42, Angela
Marsh writes
Sheldon wrote :

On Jul 29, 4:20?pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Charles
writes

wrote:

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing
among some weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a
few feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.

My guess would be carnation, also famed for fragrance.

Yes, could be spray carnation, or dianthus... wish there were a
better image of the leaves.

Ok, I took some better photos of the leaves, by pulling it up out of the
vase.: http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/

Yes, that looks like a Dianthus.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 30-07-2007, 07:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote :

In message 42,
Angela Marsh writes
Sheldon wrote :

On Jul 29, 4:20?pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Charles
writes

wrote:

I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing
among some weeds on the side of a street.

The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from
a few feet away!

What are these, please?

http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/Flowers.JPG

Might be tuberose, known for fragrance.

My guess would be carnation, also famed for fragrance.

Yes, could be spray carnation, or dianthus... wish there were a
better image of the leaves.

Ok, I took some better photos of the leaves, by pulling it up out of
the vase.: http://lakewoodcolorado.net/Sarah/

Yes, that looks like a Dianthus.

Hmm, I may be able to go dig it up and transplant it to my garden.

Thanks!