Old 29-07-2007, 11:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
someone someone is offline

Default Feijoa

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"someone" wrote in message
Twenty years ago I was given a small (1 foot high) Feijoa shrub and
planted it in my U.K. garden. Now it's a small 7 foot high tree, and
has never looked very happy, being in a dry and somewhat neglected corner
of the garden. However, this year, for the first time, it has flowered!
It must be the rain that brought this on. Fortunately we live at the top
of a hill town so weren't flooded out, although our garden was/is very
soggy. I must try and take better care of this tree in the future.

someone

I've never even heard of this and don't think I've ever seen one either.
Where are you in UK?

Mary

Hi Mary, we're in north Wilts. I heard about this fruit tree from a friend
who visited N.Z. but now I discover it's from Argentina/Chile anyway. It
does get pretty cold there, and they do have frosts. I have a couple of
other Argentinian fruit trees (grown from seed) and I'm hoping they'll
flower and even fruit eventually.

someone