Old 30-07-2007, 01:59 PM
mogsy23 mogsy23 is offline
Registered User

Default Sweet Chestnut with stripped bark

Hi there,

I know i'm probably peeing in the wind here, but i'm clutching at any possible straws out there. I have a large Sweet Chestnut tree, about 18 inch diameter trunk and about 30 ft tall in a field and, sadly some sheep got into the field and stripped the bark from it, all round the poor thing. They had a real good go at it. It's a big tree and although i'm not much of a gardener i've heard that when this sort of thing happens then the tree's had it.

As i said i'm clutching at straws, is there any chance for my tree? and is there anything i cando that could possibly help?

thanks in advance

James