Old 30-07-2007, 09:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Free range wheat

"helco" wrote in message
m...
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "George.com" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "George.com" contains these words:

"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news Has anybody here tried growing free range wheat? If so, what were
your
experiences?
Free range as opposed to caged?
yes, battery farmed wheat. Free range seems far more ethical, better

for
you
and the wheat.
It's terrible to think of those wheat plants in battery farm

fields,
all crowded so close together, there's no room to lie down or turn
round.

exactly. My reckoning is that free range wheat has a far better life

with
room to move, it is more ethical and shoud ultimately taste better than

cage
farmed wheat. I reckon free range wheat muffins will be lovely.

Ideally, each grain should be planted solo in a generous sized pot.
This reduces fighting and antisocial behaviour. Wheat grown the humane
way makes bigger muffins.

Janet

Oh, but then there's the danger that the muffins, coming from such
overindulged plants, will become narcissistic and will think themselves
too good to be eaten. Who knows what that would lead to?

went to a meetng this evening where a vegan had made scones. I asked whether
they were made with free range wheat. People thought the comment was very
clever, pity they didn't think the same of me.

rob