Old 30-07-2007, 06:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default If anybody is interested how we got started with Ponding

"Barbara OR" wrote in message

brevity snip

Now came the real problem. Oregon back then had absolutely no pond
suppliers And of course no Internet to buy from yet. So we put in 3
layers of heavy black plastic. That lasted 3 years till some nephews of
mine decided to spearfish. Oh was I mad! But by then we had one small
Pondsupplier in Portland and we got a Tetra Pondliner that lasted till
last year.

======================
I had thought about it for a few years. I had seen some pics in magazines
and books about 15 years ago. One fine day in the summer of 1995 I put in
a 150g pond made from a kiddy-pool from Wal*Mart and a black drop-cloth
liner. I enjoyed it so much I dug an 800g pond and bought a Tetra 60 mil
liner. The following year we put in a 2000g koi pond. We still have both
plus three 700+ gallon tanks behind the house and a few 150g kiddy-pools for
fry, plants and frogs.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.