Old 31-07-2007, 12:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Day lilies aren't blooming.

Data said:

On 29 Jul, 18:48, Mitch Mitch@... wrote:
BTW...they are 3 years old. They did fine the first 2 years and I had
to deadhead them every day.

Hi Mitch
To me it sounds as though they are not getting enough moisture at root
zone - very important even if they do like full sun.

Bullshit.

They really respond well to an annual mulch to help keep the roots a
little cooler and moist.

Bullshit.

Hope this helps

It won't, google-posting-dumbass.

To the OP:

The last thing you want to do with bulbs is keep them moist. They'll rot.
Bulbs prefer soil on the drier side.

Are the unopened buds falling off of the stalks? They just may be slow. =)

How deep below the soil line were they planted? How much mulch on top of
that. What's their feeding schedule? If you're in one of the areas that
were affected by the hard freezes around Easter, it could very well have
affected some of the bulbs. Changes in your local weather from that of the
past two seasons probably is also affecting your lily bloom. It could also
be a root-bourne disease.

I doubt it's from lack of water. Have they received any water, in the last
month?

--

Eggs

One nice thing about egotists... they don't talk about other people.