Old 31-07-2007, 06:24 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
[email protected] K9ACT@schmidling.com is offline

Default Mosquito Magnet update

We have gone through two of the 21 day cycles with our Mosquito Magnet
and can report the following:

First cycle: 8.4 grams of mosquitoes @ 2450/gr = 20, 580
mosquitoes

Second cycle: 29.0 grams = 71,050 mosquitoes

The bag was overflowing on the second cycle and should have been
changed sooner.

The 2450/gr came from the manufacturer and I have no way of verifying
this but it's as good as any other number.

There is no doubt that the Magnet attracts and kills a lot of
mosquitoes but it seems like tryng to empty a river with a bucket ....
they just keep coming.

As far as clearing an acre of mosquitoes, I don't see any chance of
this unless inside a bubble. The mere fact that it attracts so well
assures that they will just keep on coming.

I don't know if it's worth $500 just to know it's killing them by the
tens of thousands but I am not about to take it back either.

js