Old 31-07-2007, 06:24 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Default Mosquito Magnet update

We have gone through two of the 21 day cycles with our Mosquito Magnet
and can report the following:

First cycle: 8.4 grams of mosquitoes @ 2450/gr = 20, 580
mosquitoes

Second cycle: 29.0 grams = 71,050 mosquitoes

The bag was overflowing on the second cycle and should have been
changed sooner.

The 2450/gr came from the manufacturer and I have no way of verifying
this but it's as good as any other number.

There is no doubt that the Magnet attracts and kills a lot of
mosquitoes but it seems like tryng to empty a river with a bucket ....
they just keep coming.

As far as clearing an acre of mosquitoes, I don't see any chance of
this unless inside a bubble. The mere fact that it attracts so well
assures that they will just keep on coming.

I don't know if it's worth $500 just to know it's killing them by the
tens of thousands but I am not about to take it back either.

js

Old 31-07-2007, 05:00 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

you are killing only the females. each female you kill will not lay
eggs that will hatch into thousands of mosquitoes. this is why the
magnet must be turned on BEFORE the mosquitoes start buzzing around.
and yes, there will be a time when they will be few and far between.
just6 to be sure, dig a pond, put in fish that eat mosquitoes. that
way what you miss will also be a dead end. Ingrid
Old 31-07-2007, 05:01 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

also,.... set the thing opposite where you want to sit. let them
swarm where you arent.
Old 31-07-2007, 08:35 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Eco labs make serveral products that will not harm your fish but will
prevent mosquitoes from hatching. You can find mosquito dunks,
mosquito bits hide a dunks and Liquid Biological Control at
http://www.richdeer3/site/1566246/page/893773
If you have any standing water I would recommend using the bits or
dunks. If you have a few fish they will eat quite a few bugs as a
snack. Good water circulation will also help.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:42 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

wrote:
fish and moving water are the greatest mosquito control. Ingrid

I find that slapping them works on a one time basis.