Old 31-07-2007, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
magical caterpillar magical caterpillar is offline

Default Should I use dynamite?

On 23 Jul, 03:05, "Walter R." wrote:
Three years ago, I had to cut down a 30 year old olive tree. It was all
burled and knurled at the foot of the truck. I must have sprayed the stump
and the regularly appearing shoots with Roundup, at least once a month. I
covered it up with dirt and a big boulder. No luck, the new shoots keep
sprouting out of the old stump.

Any suggestions for bringing about its demise, or do I give up and let this
thing grow into an olive bush?

--
Walterwww.rationality.net
-

Given the will to live this plant is showing, maybe you should give up
and let it flourish. Besides, olive trees, especially when they form
old and gnarled trunks, are incredibly beautiful.

www.hintongardendesign.co.uk